Article here aim to show you make the 4K Ultra Blu-ray playable on Xbox One S, the guide given in the article, just follow the step by step, you will be able to watch the Ultra HD Blu-ray on Xbox smoothly.
When Microsoft announced that its Xbox One S was going to feature an Ultra HD Blu-ray player, we were instantly excited by the prospect of a feature-packed, bargain 4K disc-spinner. And we know we weren’t the only ones.
Below is quote from Mircrosoft Page:
First, make sure you have an Xbox One S and a 4K TV, and check your TV’s capabilities.
- To see if you have an Xbox One S, look on the back of your console. On the right side, near the network port, there should be a sticker that reads “Xbox One S.” If that sticker is missing, check the bottom of the console for a sticker that reads “Xbox One Console.” An Xbox One console without the “S” does not support 4K.
Important Eject any discs and turn your console off before turning it over.
- To see if you have a 4K TV, refer to the packaging or manual for your TV. Different manufacturers use different names. Here are some things to look for:
Names for 4K 4K, 4K Ultra HD, UHD, UHD 4K, SUHD TV, Ultra HD, Ultra UDTV, 2160p Listed resolutions or modes 3840 x 2160 at 24 Hz, 50 Hz, or 60 Hz Names for HDR10 HDR Premium, High Dynamic Range, HDR, UHD Color, Ultra HD Premium, Ultra HD deep color
- To check your TV’s 4K and HDR capabilities, with the console connected and on, double-tap the Xbox button on the controller to open the guide. Choose Settings > All settings > Display & sound, then choose Advanced video settings > 4K TV details.
According to Xbox One S report, Microsoft Corporation has noted in a statement that “users who want to experience 4K with the Xbox One S Console will be required to download an update first to do so and the console will not recognize 4K content out of the box.”
This actually means that the naked Xbox One S 2TB console has no 4K Blu-ray disc and 4K media playback support. If you have got your Xbox One S 2TB console, try to download and install the update to gain the 4K functionality so as to play 4K Blu-ray disc on Xbox One S.
Obviously, the 4K Blu-ray playback feature is only available on Xbox One S 2TB console edition. There are in total 5 versions of Xbox One S. What need you do to watch 4K Blu-ray on Xbox One S’ other editions? The second solution would be helpful.
Second, rip the 4K Blu-ray disc to a 4K MP4/MKV video for playing on Xbox One S.
A 4K Blu-ray disc ripper would help you easily rip and convert 4K Blu-ray disc to 4K video so that you could play 4K Blu-ray on Xbox One S as you like. Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripper would be your best choice to rip and convert 4K Blu-ray to Xbox One S videos. This 4K Blu-ray ripper software would rip and convert 4K Blu-ray disc to 4K MP4/MKV video without any quality loss. With it, you have no difficulty to play 4K Blu-ray disc on Xbox One S. (If you are using Mac computer, you can turn to Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripper for Mac).
☉ Convert 4K Blu-ray disc to 4K MP4 for Xbox One S as well as multiple 4K players.
☉ Convert all Blu-ray to MP4, MKV, AVI, WMV, ect. popular formats.
☉ Customize Blu-ray videos at will with powerful editing functions.
☉ Convert 2D Blu-ray/DVD to 3D movies for more pleasure.
☉ Fast conversion speed with NVIDIA CUDA acceleration technology.
How to Convert 4K Blu-ray for Xbox One S?
Free download, install and run Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripper here:
Keep in mind that you have download the right version, Mac OS .dmg files cannot be installed on Windows platform – and vice versa.
Step 1: Load 4K Ultra Blu-ray
Click “Load Disc” button to load 4K Ultra Blu-ray discs to load your Blu-ray movies. You can also click “IFO/ISO” icon to load your Blu-ray ISO image files.
Step 2: Select video format.
Here we select mp4 with H.264 codec for Xbox One S. Click the Format drop-down list, and select “H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)” from “Common Video” or “HD Video” category.
Tips: Xbox One S has updated to support 4K streaming. So if you think the video resolution is low, you can click “Settings” to reset video size, bitrate, frame rate and sample rate.
Step 3: Copy 4K Ultra Blu-ray to Xbox One S
Hit the red “Convert” button on the interface to start copying 4K Ultra Blu-ray to H.264 for Xbox One S. When it finishes, click the “Open Output Folder” icon to quick locate the converted video.
You have two ways to stream your local media to Xbox One S.
Method 1: via USB
Copy the converted 4K Ultra Blu-ray movie media file to a USB flash drive and plug it into USB port on game console then you can play it on Xbox One S.
Method 2: from PC
1. Make sure that your PC and Xbox One S are in the same network.
2. In Xbox One S, follow “Settings” ＞ “Preferences” and make sure “Allow Play To streaming” is ticked.
3. Select the media on your PC and right click it to select “Play To” option.
4. A dropdown menu will appear showing you a list of devices detected in your network.
5. Choose Xbox One S, and the stream will begin, and then start playing 4K Ultra Blu-ray movie with Xbox One S.