There is no denying that 360-degree videos are among the hottest new things in town.
The good news is that at this day and age, people can already upload such 360 videos on their Facebook’s Timeline and Pages plus on YouTube.
In this post, we will discuss the step-by-step procedure in uploading 360 videos on these platforms plus other important things users have to know for them to be able to seamlessly, efficiently publish their own videos.
How To Upload 360 Videos On Facebook
Facebook has pushed out a guide on how to publish a 360-degree video both on users’ Timelines and Pages.
“If the video was recorded with a 360 or spherical camera system that adds 360 metadata to the video file, then you can upload a 360 video to your personal Timeline the same way you’d upload any other video,” says Facebook on a post.
If, however, a video was captured using a camera system that does not add the 360 metadata into the video file, Facebook says users have to add the 360 metadata to the file. Afterwards, they need to carry out similar steps in uploading any other videos to their Timelines or Pages.
Here are the specific steps users should follow in setting the video’s initial orientation along with field of view:
1. Users should follow similar steps as they would in uploading ordinary videos on Facebook.
2. Hit the Advanced tab prior to publishing the 360 video.
3. In order to make the 360 Controls tab show up, users have to check the box beside This video was recorded in 360° format.
4. Set the field of view and initial camera orientation for the video by hitting the 360 Controls tab.
5. Tap Publish button.
Remember, though, that Facebook has set a limit on the maximum length and size of a 360-degree video, which is 10 minutes and 1.7 GB, respectively.
It is worth mentioning that cameras that automatically add 360 metadata to the video file include ALLie by IC Real Tech, Ricoh Theta, 360fly and Giroptic 360cam.
How To Upload 360 Videos On YouTube
In the meantime, YouTube has also published a guide to upload a 360 video on its platform.
Here are the steps:
1. Create The Video
In creating 360-degree videos, users should know that YouTube has identified a few 360 cameras that work well with YouTube that range from Kodak SP360, Ricoh Theta and ALLie.
YouTube users must also take note of the following:
– the platform presently supports 360 videos with 24, 25, 30, 48, 50 or 60 frames per second
– YouTube recommends publishing 16:9 aspect ratio stitched videos in 4K resolution
– YouTube also allows videos captured via custom camera rigs and created by means of a third-party stitching software like the Kolor Autopano
2. Prepare For Upload
It is important that the video to be uploaded should feature metadata for the 360-degree playback to be enabled.
Follow the guide in installing the 360 Video Metadata app both for Windows and Mac along with the instructions in creating a 360-enabled file.
3. Upload The Video File
Before hitting the published button, keep these in mind:
– You have to check out if the file to upload has 360-degree playback enabled. You need to watch the video on the computer to verify.
– Do not make edits to the 360 video with the use of the YouTube Video Editor or any other Enhancement tools or apps.
With this guide, uploading your 360-degree videos on either Facebook or YouTube is a piece of cake.
4K/1080P Video/Blu-ray/DVD All-in-One Video Converter
The all-in-one Brorosft Video Converter Ultimate program will a nice choice for you. It is a yet professional all-in-one Blu-ray Ripper, DVD Ripper and HD Video and Audio Converter, which comparatively has better output quality, in particular HD videos and intuitive interface. What’s more, its deinterlacing function and merging, cropping, trimming, adding subtitles ability are what its many competitive products lack of. If you are Mac users, please turn to iMedia Converter for Mac .