In this post, we’ll share two positive ways to enable you play all your Blu-rays on macOS High Sierra iMac/MacBook, etc with ease.
Part One: Play Blu-ray with Best Blu-ray Player Software for macOS High Sierra
As Steve Jobs said: Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt, Apple has drop Blu-ray playback on lated iMac, MacBook (Pro). In order to play Blu-ray movies on macOS High Sierra iMac/MacBook, you’ll need to prepare an external Blu-ray drive and Blu-ray Player Software.
To save your time, I suggest you use Brorsoft Player for Mac, which is one of the best Blu-ray Players that supports 4K/1080P/720 Blu-ray discs, as well as DVD, H.265, 4K Ultra HD, 1080P HD Video Playback. It’s up-to-date to support latest macOS High Sirrea and previous).
- Play 4K/1080P Blu-ray/DVD discs in high definition with DTS-HD Master Audio or Dolby TrueHD.
- Get vivid effect to play 4K H.265/HEVC videos losslessly on Mac and Window PC
- Select any period of times and make animated GIF file for sharing to have more fun.
- Take snapshot of the shining moment of your movies.
- Record what’s happening on the screen as a straightforward video. It saves time and is quite effective.
- Add a bookmark of the video for watching later or return to recent viewed point as you like.
Part Two: Rip Blu-ray to QiuckTime .mov With Best Blu-ray Ripper for macOS High Sierra
To rip and backup Blu-ray on macOS High Sierra iMac/MacBook, you can take advantage of best Blu-ray Ripper for macOS High Sierra. Here, Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripper for Mac is highly recommended with below features:
- Compatible with macOS High Sierra 10.13, macOS Sierra 10.12, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, etc.
- Native supports any kinds of Blu-rays: 2D/3D, 4K, 1080P, 720P, Disney, Copy-protected Blu-ray discs.
- Provides 250+ popular formats like: H.265/HEVC, H.264 mp4, mkv, mov, mpg, wmv, flv, 3gp, etc. video formats for playing on 150+ devices such as: iPhone (8/X), iPad, Galaxy Note 8/7, Apple TV 4K, Android phone or tablets, Xbox, PS3/PS4 (Pro), etc.
- Remove all Blu-ray restrictions like AAC, BD+, CSS, Region, RCE, Sony ARccOS and PuppetLock.
- 1:1 entire copy Blu-ray to BDMV folder and directly copy Blu-ray main title.
- A built-in editor that allows you adjust video effects, trim, crop and add personal watermark, etc.
Step 1. Load Blu-ray Movies
Install and launch the best Blu-ray Ripper for macOS High Sierra, and click “load disc” button to load your Blu-ray movies to this program.
The Blu-ray titles and chapters will be listed on the program within a few seconds.
Step 2. Set output format
Click Format drop-down menu and pick up pick up QuickTime (*. mov) from Common Video or HD Video category as your output format, which perform best in macOS High Sierra.
Or you can choose other presets according to your devices.
Tip: If you like, you can click “Edit” button to do some editing work cropping, trimming, settings effect, adding subtitles.
Step 3. Start Ripping Blu-rays
With all settings, click the “Convert” button to rip/convert Blu-ray to QuickTime .mov files for macOS High Sierra.
Once processing is complete, your video can be found at output folder on your Mac’s Hard Drive.
Now you’re able to play the converted Blu-ray movies on your macOS High Sierra without hassle.