How to convert Blu-ray to AVI file format and rip Bluray movies to AVI videos? You’ve come to the right place. This tutorial is about how to rip the movies from Blu-ray disc to AVI for playback with specific player or device. Please follow me step by step.
Why Convert Blu-ray Disc to AVI?
AVI files can hold different types of video and audio streams inside, and with the help of DivX video compression technology, they can display incredible video quality while maintaining a small file size. .divx files are also based on the AVI container, but can contain additional features like XSUB subtitles and chapters. Both AVI and DIVX videos will play on all DivX Certified devices – from tablets to TVs.
The Program You Need.
For rip the movie from Blu-ray to AVI, you need a program, Blu-ray Ripper. There are many programs on the market claims to do the job for you and it would be a great hassle for you to pick the best one on your own. Here, we highly recommend Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripper, the program can better satisfy your needs in the following aspects:
– Remove Blu-ray copy protection including BD+, AACS, Cinavia and region codec
– The recently upgraded version even allows you to breake MKB61 and MKB62 encryption
– Full support for load Blu-ray disc, BDMV folder and ISO image file
– Rip Blu-ray to AVI encoded with various different codec including Divx AVI, Xvid AVI and DV AVI NTSC or DV AVI PAL.
– Convert Blu-ray to AVI with multiple different resolution such as 480p, 720p, 1080p and even 2160p 4K resolution video
– Adjust output profile parameters such as video codec, resolution, bit rate, frame rate, audio codec, bit rate, sample rate, and channels, etc of the output AVI video to get better output video and audio quality.
– Edit AVI video by trimming video length, crop AVI file size, split large AVI into small clips by file size, count or length, merge separate AVI video into one single file, add video/image/transparent text watermark to AVI video, flip or rotate AVI video, apply special rendering effect to AVI video, replace/remove audio in AVI video or insert external subtitle to AVI video, etc.
– The program are available on both Windows and Mac platform (get Mac version).
– The program supports the new Windows 10 and macOS Sierra.
Here we take converting Blu-ray to DivX codec on to show you how to do the conversion in details. The way to finish the work on Windows and Mac is almost the same. Please just make sure you’ve got the right version.
Step 1. Insert the Blu-ray disc into your external BD drive and then load the Blu-ray movies to the program by clicking the disc icon.
A Blu-ray usually contains several subtitles and audio tracks. Just click to select the subtitles and audio soundtracks you need.
Step 2. Next, click the Format bar. You can then choose “DivX AVI-Audio Video Interleaved(DivX)(*.avi)” from the Common Video drop-down list as the output file format.
Tip: You can then personalize the output video by setting the video/audio parameters like resolution, frame rate, audio quality, bit rate, etc.
Step 3. When you’re sure everything is OK, click the Convert button of the best Blu-ray ripping software. It will begin converting Blu-ray to .avi immediately.
After the conversion, click “Open” button to access to the output videos. Now you can watch the ripped Blu-ray movies anywhere you want them.
I share some of my experience in these following pages: